I have been fortunate enough to work for the Public Service of Canada since 2008. While I work primarily in the policy sphere, my experience has ranged greatly. I’ve worked only in line departments at this point in my career, but have had the pleasure of working with an incredibly diverse and talented group of colleagues (both formally and informally).
Issues that interest me:
- Institutional relationships and development (between departments, different orders of government, etc)
- Values and Ethics in the current operational environment
- Leadership in Public Sector Renewal (Central Agencies, senior officials, and every day bureaucrats)
- The role of the Public Service in serving Canadians
- Development of bureaucrats
In addition to my day job, I am also completing a Master of Education degree. I’m currently writing my thesis, focusing on how strategic policy frameworks are developed by senior officials in the conduct of their work (liaising between the department and their respective Ministers).
I can be found on twitter at @otowncoho.
Of course, no bio would be complete without the standard disclaimer: All opinions expressed in this blog are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.